Wednesday, September 10, 2008


Paint stains under my fingernails and on the back side of my left arm are indications that I've been able to spend a good amount of time in the studio this week. I love my job.
I've gotten to the point on several paintings where I don't know quite how to solve/finish them. In one painting it's a perspective issue and in another it's what I need to eliminate in order to simplify the composition. I did however have a break though on a particular piece today which affirmed the fact that I can indeed solve all of them if I just stick with it. Often at this point I want to put all of the paintings away and start new ones. Sometimes I've even gotten frustrated enough to put my foot through a painting or two. No worries, I'm not even close to that sort of drama. If I do I'll be sure to video so I can share the rage. It's good I have a deadline so that I am pushed into sticking with it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails