Thursday, September 9, 2010

We Can Can

Over the weekend we canned two kinds of jam; strawberry rhubarb and holiday peach. We canned 550 S. Spaghetti Sauce, Tomatillo Salsa and Garden salsa.

We also tried a pickling recipe that my mom used to use with green tomatoes. We'll see how it turns out because when my sister sent me home to get dill from our garden (Dan Barney wasn't home to clarify my herbal confusion) I actually got fennel and we shoved it in the bottles before anybody noticed. Hmm... won't know for a couple of months.

We had some fun. I personally prefer gardening and making the tags for the bottles over the process of following a recipe for canning.
The loveliness isn't only that we grew and preserved our own food, but we did it as a family.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sue Ann said...

So, so sweet. I miss you all and look forward to seeing you soon, you star, you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails