Friday, March 20, 2009

This evening was the opening and award ceremony for the Eighth International Art Competition. I received a purchase award which has to be a lucky sign being that it's the first day of spring....right? I want to go back and see the show again because it was too full of people to really enjoy the artwork. I'm excited to be in this collection. I felt it the night I painted this painting, that it was important. When I think about it, it's scary to paint something so personal and sacred to me and then hang it on the wall...literally. But seeing it there, even with all of these people looking at it, it felt like it was in the right place.

Ginger and her kitten look so lovely while I think I was talking to my dad in this picture. Hey Ginger, send me an email and I'll send you a present. I just received a small print of this painting from Greenwich Workshop. cassandrabarney@gmail.com
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the opening! your painting looks awesome hanging there.

pamela said...

congrats cass! and happy first day of spring.

Deanna said...

So did you win the purchase award for that painting-the atonement one? I hope so. (I love that one!)

Ging said...

Wow- there we are!! If this is your method of bringing me out of lurker seclusion- it worked. I am still surprised to see myself and my kitten on your page. Sorta surreal. We loved this painting. We also love your work, your shoes and your dazzling personality... I love surprises,but thought this was a great one all by itself. However, the temptation to see what it could be is over-ridding any self-control I might have on the matter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails