Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oooooh Janis!

I ran into Janis the other night when we were accepting our awards. I said something to her like..."I'm proud of you Janis for getting out there and Rock'n the art world." She said something like, "same to you, Cass," and then we high-fived.
It made me all warm inside, like we were on the same team or had done something good. We did our undergraduate work at the same time. She has that fire inside and does amazing work. Janis Mars Wunderlich inspired a lot of students who came into the program after her. That's about the best compliment I think a girl could get.

Janis was one of a few female artists who were chosen to be in a film called, WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS? It's a "Terrific, engaging and moving documentary about the ongoing conundrum of women in the arts today."

1 comment:

Nigel said...

Janis was one of my favorite people. Good person, good artist. Have you looked at the exhibit online? You can make Janis' piece rotate 360 degrees. It's a really smooth animation, like it's really spinning...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails