Friday, April 6, 2007

Paintings

Looking back at some older paintings (last year) and I really like these two. The first one is called, How Many Birds Must We Carry. I'd been talking with my friend Jordan about how great it is that we can be mothers, have careers and do art (she writes and I paint), but how hard this load we've chosen is to carry sometimes. She wrote a poem about this painting which I will try to get and post. I remember the part she wrote about wishing the birds would land somewhere else for a bit so we could rest. The second paintings is titled, The Butcher, The Baker, The Candlestick Maker. I was thinking again about the roles some women choose to play, seductress, nurturer and career or following her passion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails