Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I like gettin' old." Patti Smith


Patti Smith, by my definition, is very beautiful. That beauty is in her eyes, it's written on her face and I hear it in her voice. From what I've read/heard, she's lived her life hard and with meaning.

I read that Patti devoted herself to her family for 17 years, only making one album during that time. She chose that. That's pretty cool.

Few people could leave the public eye for as long as she did and return to it so seamlessly, but her road back has not been easy, as she's gained her wisdom over hardships that would destroy many people. RollingStone

Patti Smith is on my list of heroes. She's an artist who has inspired many.


An artist may have burdens the ordinary citizen doesn't know, but the ordinary citizen has burdens that many artists never even touch. Patti Smith
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails