Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spontaneous Combustion


I think I almost spontaneously combusted at least once. I really thought I was going to go up in flames from the inside out. I was thinking about it today when I was outside with my face in the sun, feeling that overwhelming, restless excitement boiling to the surface.


Some people are skeptical about spontaneous human combustion. I've never seen anyone actually spark or smoke but the flashes of blue light seem familiar.



As I am writing this, my bird, Fernando, is cuddled up under my chin making little talking noises. He mimics us having conversations. It's pretty funny but I'm wondering, do birds or other animals ever just burn up? What a glorious way to go out.
Artwork by Littlest Kitten

5 comments:

Kate Horowitz said...

poem poem poem poem poem there is a poem here. i will find it.

xoxo

Cassandra Barney said...

Oh please Kate, yes do!

Nigel said...

We once had a notoriously gassy cat. It's good we didn't smoke around him. Maybe spontaneous combustion of people and animals isn't so spontaneous.

Nigel said...

We once had a notoriously gassy cat. It's good we didn't smoke around him. Maybe spontaneous combustion of people and animals isn't so spontaneous.

Mary said...

Yes! I feel like that sometimes. It reminds me of "Like Water for Chocolate."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails