Friday, April 17, 2009

Lily of the Valley



It's interesting that the plant, lily of the valley, is dangerous and yet it has powerful healing properties as well. I like that tension. I just sent this painting to a gallery called Picture This in Alberta for their annual miniature show.
Many times I have painted to vent and purge. This painting is about healing. I started it shortly after I started to try to detox my studio and body. I don't want to wallow in sickness, I just want to get better. I like the calmness in this painting.

Note to Kate: take this one or wait, there are more coming.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Laura A said...

Lily of the Valley is the birth flower in May, which is my birth month, so I've always particularly liked it. When I eventually put a yard in, I'm going to plant some.

Did you know there's a lovely lace stitch in knitting called Lily of the Valley? Little cascading nupps that form the bowing stem of flowers. It's beautiful.

Deanna said...

The colors are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kate Horowitz said...

I'm going to pounce on this one! But keep them coming! There's a breeze coming through the window and I cannot wait to start again.

Kate said...

This is a beautiful painting! With your great attitude about your current health thing, you're sure to be successful. Every challenge brings gifts.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

A Beautiful Painting ~ Lily of the Valley is My Favorite Flower....
I so enjoy your Creations
cheryl

Carrie said...

I love trhe color contrast between the oranges and blues.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails