Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's hard to quit working at all. I am bound and determined to be a good mom to my kittens, but...it's still hard to put it away at the end of my working time each day.
I'm reading a book by Paulo Coelho called The Zahir. I marked this sentence because it makes me feel good, like my passion has purpose. "...we know we are close to our true mission on earth when what we are doing is touched with the energy of enthusiasm." There may or may not be truth in it but it's a nice idea.

I just finished a novel by David James Duncan called, The Brother's K. It was so good. I was reading it on one airplane trip this fall where I laughed out loud and then a few minutes later I was crying. It's a good thing I was sitting by my sister. Thank you to Kari Heber who bought it for me because it's his favorite book too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kari said...

I am so glad that you liked The Brothers K. It is, in my humble opinion, one of the best books ever written.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails