Friday, August 29, 2008

Do you see how I'm glowing and looking heavenward, sighing with relief because I just got five days to paint? FIVE DAYS in a row to work with only minimal interruptions. Hallelujah! I'm humming a tune from Xanadu, ELO, "I'm Alive." Ya...it feels like that.
The studio is full of paintings in progress. The larger ones are taking more time than I expected. The thing is, I forget to step back and see the painting as a large whole. Instead, I get up close and get hung up on making the paint "pretty." I get mesmerized by the colors. Good thing the weekend is here because I might start thinking I'm in that Xanadu video. Watch it again and this time pick out who you would be. Tell me and then I'll tell you who I picked.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

JethRobyn said...

We snuck into the your studio when we were there yesterday. These are absolutely gorgeous, and amazing paintings. I'm glad you are getting more time to paint. I should take advantage of my free time and do something creative instead of gluing myself to a computer! How was the salsa?

batty said...

Oh my gosh...Xanadu was my all-time favorite movie. Then I got it for my girls and they laughed at how silly it was. I don't care. I LOVE IT!!! I wanted to be Olivia. I even had a dress made that looked just like her roller skating dress when I was a teen. Love it!

Your paintings are lovely!

Cassandra Barney said...

Salsa was super yummy. I might have to go eat the rest right now. Thanks R. I'm glad we got to see you.

Batty-Olivia for sure. Maybe we should get some roller skates and play Xanadu around...church parking lots and the rec center and other cool Utah Valley places. Do you still ahve the dress?

batty said...

Have no idea where the dress is :( but I'm going to dig out my photos and see if I can find one in the dress, with my perfectly feathered hair, of course!

Amy Abshier-Reyes said...

Hahaha--I do the exact same thing when I'm working on big pieces. I get so hung up on the details that when I finally pull away to look at it from a distance, I see ALL KINDS of screw-ups. Annoying, to say the least.
It's so nice to meet you (sort of meet?)--I love the pieces I've seen at the Blue Gallery.
And I love seeing other people's studios and progress. Thanks for letting us peek!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails