Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Christmas in July



I recently finished these two pieces for possible small prints with Greenwich Workshop. It was strange to work on something so out of season. I almost always paint 'in the moment'. It feels good to do that but it's also good to push out of that once in a while.
I had originally envisioned my painting of Mrs. Claus as a little sassier. I remember one of the thoughts that I had about Mrs. Claus was that she probably feels sad that all of the children aren't good. I'm sure she wants to give all of the children gifts, make everybody happy. A little wacky to be in the mind of Mrs. Claus. In this painting she's waiting under the mistletoe, a little lost in thought.
The other piece is titled, Kiss Me Dear.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails