Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Don't Even Know Who I Am

Just a couple of minutes ago, I put away the Christmas Tree. For some people, that would be normal behaviour. For me, on Jan. 3, to be finally putting the holiday sparkle away for the season is uncharacteristic... to put it mildly.

I think I used to accomplish twice as much as I currently do in a day. I'm not sure what to blame it on. I'm not exactly sitting around relaxing or wasting time. I try to stay organized and I'm working at a pretty good clip. I'm pretty sure that time is moving faster than it was. That is the only thing I can think of. Or is this an age thing? I don't feel slower. I feel calm but less tortoise than hare.

I want to find the hours that I've somehow misplaced so that I can do all that is required of me ...and artwork too. I really am excited about getting back into the studio this week. I confess I cleaned the studio before I took the ornaments off the tree. In a clean studio, I can begin my new paintings with my mind focused and calm. I have ideas that I want to sort out and I am so easily distracted by other shiny things that I want only what I'm working on visible. I love my job. I love my family, my neighborhood, my primary calling, making stuff and a lot of things ...and I love my job.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails