Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In our community...

Dan Barney and I will be speaking at Orem Library on Monday, May 23 at 7:00p.m.
I'm excited about it because the theme for this lecture series is something about family. I think I'll talk about how what we do (art making) saturates our family life. At our house, art is used (sometimes) to enrich our lives, to teach, to communicate and create deeper levels of understanding and meaning. Sometimes I plan romantic family art making events, but rarely do these events actually work out. Art making in our family, together or individually, usually happens spontaneously. But how do we create an environment that is conducive to creative exploration?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am coming. Can't wait. I LOVE living in Utah.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails