Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ExVotos

In the set of nine ExVotos that the Greenwich Workshop is printing, these two seem perfect for this season.

Bounties of the Earth- because we are hauling in the last of this year's harvest and I am grateful for every bit of it. Every year I'm amazed by the delicate process of growing food and how lucky we are to have plenty to eat.

A Mother's Prayers- because as a mother of three quickly growing kittens who don't always hear what I have to say, my prayers seem all the more important.


Bounties of the Earth
Gardening has taught me patience and reverence for the process of creation and the life cycle. Success comes from creative problem solving, attention on a daily basis, sticking with it and learning from mistakes. It's beautiful to see the stages of the plants’ life and then, with gratitude, enjoy the harvest. I am grateful each growing season to reconnect .


Mother’s Prayers
I’ve always felt that my mother’s prayers were like a silent song, guiding and protecting me. It’s those prayers that set me on my path, inspiring me to be the best I can be. I am grateful for the love of my mother and her prayers, past and present.
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."-- Abraham Lincoln
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails