Friday, August 13, 2010

msnbc and mormon.org

Oh, but that's not all! Last night I got a phone call asking if I would come to Salt Lake (this afternoon) for an interview with MSNBC. In my mind I thought,sure...wait,what? MSNBC requested an interview with one of the featured members from mormon.org. It was me along with Scott Swofford and it was live. LIVE. My stomach dropped into my shoes at the very thought of national television L.I.V.E.

I was nervous and if you saw the interview, it showed on my face but my voice sounded okay. I answered the questions easily enough, except for one question that I tossed right back to Scott. Smooth, eh? It was strange talking to the camera with only and earpiece to hear the questions.
Scott was way cooler than I was but I'm glad I got to do it anyway.
Has any of this changed my life? Nope. The commercials don't air in my town and I have yet to have a stranger come up to me and say, "hey, are you that little art girl on mormon.com?" I think there is only one person in my neighborhood who even watched the news interview today (thank you, Julie Lee) so it's all just what it is as usual around here. Good thing too.
I'm a Mormon, but like Jeff Decker said in his video, "I'm not the perfect mormon." I've never claimed to be. The Mormons I know aren't perfect either, thought I have met some people who seem pretty close. That's what's so great about mormon.org , it's about real people like me. We are all individual, imperfect people who share in wanting to follow Christ's teachings, and that's a lot. I'm glad I got to be a part of this, even nervous and live on MSNBC.

2 comments:

Amy said...

you were awesome on tv today. I wish I could see the commercials.

Unknown said...

You rocked it. Pretty exciting! Way to go sista.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails