Monday, April 19, 2010

As I thought about painting mothers/motherhood some months back, it seemed like it would be a nice thing to do. I knew that I would get interesting, heartfelt stories that I'd enjoy painting.
What I didn't realise was how valuable it's been to me. It's kind of like I've been taking a class on what makes a great mother and painting is how I study. I have read and reread stories of the unselfish sacrifices, of women who never complained about their duties (what?!) and of young mothers whose hearts are bursting with love and gratitude.
I can't help but be very aware of my own mothering responsibilities. Those stories are a lot to try and live up to. I've learned that when I'm avoiding complaining, I'm much quieter. I had better keep studying!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails