Thursday, January 29, 2009

This little tin painting, executed in the spirit of a retablo or ex voto, is a story about a little miracle for which I have gratitude. (Thank you Carrie for asking.) There have been a few instances in my life where I honestly believe that events were altered by other forces. Those moments or situations were unexplainable.
This particular story took place in front of my parents house on a summer afternoon. Littlest kitten was a new, fragile, little thing. I was carefully carrying her when I tripped. I remember the scene in slow motion as my brand new baby, still in my hands, landed out in front of me on the cement. I saw it. But like an angel had wrapped her hands around my baby and kept her safe from the fall, she didn't wake up or have a scratch on her little tiny perfect body.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Deanna said...

That is so beautiful Cassie! What a scary story.

Once when Jessica was little she accidently fell all the way down our stairs. I just watched her tumble like a rag doll. It was amazing that she wasn't hurt one bit. Love those angels!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails