Thursday, September 4, 2008

Holy Women or Women Stuck in Holes

When I did the sketch, I was thinking about how even the most righteous, well-meaning, hard working, charitable women get bogged down by things; situations, people, expectations, ideals, ailments...whatever. Everybody, all of us, no matter what our ambitions are. Sometimes people don't even know that they are stuck in holes. I think probably they are thrown into holes sometimes too...pride, gossip, misjudgments, jealousy, and that sort of thing. The goal is to first recognise when we are in a hole and then figure out how to get out.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

pamela said...

i love this concept. thank you for writing about it. i am often in a hole.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this concept! It is SO true!

Deanna said...

I love your thoughts and drawings about the holes. It really connected to me and my feelings about life as a woman. So true!

I am feeling like I've been thrown in a giant hole today--turning 40. Maybe instead of feeling sad about the number I should try and dig out of the hole today and never look back down.

Carrie said...

I too, love this idea!

batty said...

I love this. Sometimes I think I'm in a hole full of quicksand. The more I try to get out, the deeper I sink...Hmmm...

The painting you've started is beautiful. I love all the different women.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails