Monday, July 28, 2008

Quality without Compromise


In order to make truly personal work, one has to struggle with intent and content as well as with techniques. And technique is the easiest thing to learn in art. Gabriella Morrison

I think satisfaction goes hand in hand with struggle. I think it's those sort of tensions that ignite the burning energy which drives creation.
Well...I'm happy to say that my dither dithered right on out. The general discomfort of being in that ditherish state got my emotional/intellectual antibodies up and working. I had a good working, exploring day.
Thank you for your comments. It's so good to hear thoughtful responses which keep my mind churning all day long. As I painted today, I considered yearning, sharing and worship, and if indeed I am trying to protect my soul. Those topics might keep my mind occupied for quite some time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails