Saturday, January 5, 2008


Dan needed some stretcher bars for a cool project he is working on. I found this painting and told him to just take it off and discard it. It was part of a series of paintings I did for my BFA show back in 1994. I have to say that I like this painting. I had a rawness then that I can't get to now. I wasn't hindered by refinement. My approach and technique was very different. The symbols are interesting too. It was made when I was first pregnant and that was all I could think and paint about. Unfortunately it started to crack off the canvas when it was free from the stretcher bars and is in the garbage now. I probably should have burned it...seems like a bad luck sort of thing to do, throwing away an image. I'm going to put my boots on right now and drag it back out of the garage! Eeeek!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails