Sunday, July 15, 2007

Seasons

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

There are seasons for many things including the heart, the mind and the body. They are periods marked by certain conditions. I see and feel those periods through my art work and, of course, with the earth.

As far as calendar seasons, summer is my favorite. Summer is the season where after working through winter and spring (painting, homework, lessons, work travel, cleaning etc.) it's time to rest. Work rests and energy pours into body and soul. It's the time to feel myself being alive. It feels like the sun seeps into my skin and puts the red back into my blood. I associate earth colors with summer: mendhi red, golden tanned skin and sand. It's a time to let go of schedules and run with whatever the days and nights offer.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

I love reading your blog and seeing what's up!

kelly rae said...

someone posted a comment today on my blog wondering if you were an inspiration to my art. i hadn't heard of you before, but i'm lucky to have had the commentor mention you. it led me here to your blog and to your amazing artwork. you truly are an inspiration. loving your work, my new discovery for the day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails