Sunday, July 15, 2007

Perfect Days

I really am getting our home ready to be packed and move when I'm there, but if say my friend Aileen calls at 9:00 a.m. and asked us to join her for painting at the beach, we have a prepacked paint bag ready and sandy blankets already in the car. My little ones do better beach paintings than I do. I love their work.


Dinner with friends is almost a nightly occurrence. Baru is one of my favorite spots for long meals and conversations about Canadian patriotism, future plans, and love stories.

Yesterday we took a spontaneous trip to Jericho beach to the Folk Festival. My friend Mariette in her beautiful South-African accent said it perfectly, "what a lovely vibe". We bought silk wraps of all sorts, African baskets and jewelry. The little ones stripped down to their nothings and jumped in the water then rolled in the sand. It was so happy. We saw our friend Gretchen and Dan bought me one of her artworks, a blue dress that made me feel like a Spanish dancer. I had to have it. In the photo below, he is trying on one of her jackets.

It was nourishing. We were connected to the earth and to all of those people through music and... just summer. It is the season to feel joy...we worked hard for it.

And also every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. Ecclesiastes 3:13


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

i can't wait to see you wear your gretchen dress! Also, Dan's backside in the jacket pic is remarkably like David Beckham's. Dan has a celebrity back.
xo, Quel

Cassandra Barney said...

Ahh! Quel-icious! See you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails