Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Engagement

I recieved this heart warming email, among others this week. Thank you Carrie for sharing your thoughts.

Dear Cassandra, I first saw your work in Cannon be ach a few years ago. Since then I have bought the prints: The Engagement, Ramona and Etta. I also attended one of your openings last year and you were kind enough to paint a few additions onto my prints. This is not about what a big fan of yours I am though, there is a story I wanted to share with you.
When I bought The Engagement last year I fantasized about the moment when I would get engaged to my long-time boyfriend. After I bought it I knew that I wanted him to incorporate this print into his proposal somehow. However, I did not tell him this.
Last week was it! After 4 1/2 years of being together he proposed, just how I'd imagined! The print is hanging in our bedroom. He lit a candle and placed it directly under The Engagement. He had also placed the pin (my great great aunt's pin in which we were going to remove the stone and create a ring with) under the entwining poppies. It took me a few moments to realize what he had set up, but as soon as I looked at the print I knew that that was the moment I had been waiting for for so long. It was perfect! The Engagement started the beginning of our engagement. Your painting will forever be my most treasured piece of art since it was such an intrigal piece


I'd like to wish Chris and Carrie a long and happy marriage.


I remember my engagement with a smile. One of my very favorite holidays is the 4th of July. Every year my family celebrates it to an extreme with so many traditions packed in that we have to train for it the whole month of June to get ready.
On July 4th, 1990 Dan Barney was a good sport about jumping right in with all of the family fun. We were watching the parade at our usual spot with family and friends when a troop of cloggers came stomping down the street, holding a big sign that said, "Cass will you marry me?" The whole block cheered, clapped and video taped as Dan took me into the street, got down on his knee and put this beautiful ring that I'm still wearing today on my shaking little finger. I was the happiest girl in the world and I feel that same feeling today. I don't know how I got so lucky. He's a wonderful man and I love him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails