I delivered my flannel board artwork to the museum today. There sure were a lot of technical details I had to figure out for this project. Whoa. I ended up stitching the bigger pieces (above) into place so that the whole thing wouldn't fall off. I might want to tack more items down. I can't decide.
I included all of these pieces, but not to put on the flannel board all at once...probably.
I couldn't figure out how to include more information with the artwork. I wanted to share the symbolism of the objects and why I chose them. Dan Barney suggested I make a little book that could be displayed with the flannel board.
It's sort of like leaving a sketchbook out for everyone to look at...because that is what I'm doing. I wrote personal notes and didn't worry too much about trying to make the drawings polished and finished. I'm very daring.