I gave up on the whole flannel board artwork and put everything away. Then, last night, I just started working on it again. The actual flannel board looks good! The yellow frame looks nicer than stretcher bars did. I had to piece the black flannel together so I sewed velvet ribbon over the seam.
I want to make more jointed figures for the stories, maybe even make outfits for them.
Middle Kitten reminded me that we used to do paintings together of large house interiors. I want to do that too, incorporating their drawings into the stories.
I experimented a little with gesso transfers and spray painting stencils. Oh the possibilities!