Monday, February 1, 2010

I await joyous surprises while working, an awakening of the materials that I work with and that my spirit develops. -Odilon Redon

I'm feeling a little Redon in the studio right now, both in color and application of paint. I didn't intend to paint ala Redon, in fact I just recognized it this afternoon. This painting that I'm working on is about dance and painting. I was inspired by the dancers and dance that Susan Lloyd put together after visiting my studio. She choreographed a beautiful dance about what I do. Now if only the painting can be half as good as the dance!
With this painting I want to capture what they were conveying in their dance; the inspiration, tension, joy and generosity. I've struggled a little bit but it's getting there.

Below is a painting by Odilon Redon called, Two Girls Among Flowers. I love the dreamy atmosphere.

4 comments:

Fifi said...

red, yellow and blue are the colors of my country's flag:Romania

I admire your work

thanks for share with us your work

thedoodlegirl said...

Oh my! This piece is absolutely beautiful! I love the line work, expressive color and attention to detail. Very impressive!! I just love that Susan Lloyd!!

Laura A said...

Fabulous color on your painting. Very bold and confident.

Jethro said...

Wow! I really like this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails