Sunday, January 24, 2010

In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing. -Vincent van Gogh


I had four days, four days to work undisturbed. At the conclusion of each of those four days, I wiped out everything I painted. I don't know what happened. Maybe Minerva rations and she sprinkled gobs of it on me a couple of weeks before. Seriously, I was on fire for a couple of weeks and then suddenly I was gushing around in ugly paint and couldn't draw. So... I spent the weekend drawing. I did a lot of bad drawings and then I started to pull out of it. I even did a couple of drawings that I think are quite lovely and intriguing.
The struggle is important. I keeps me humble. Struggle reminds me that I have to work for my successes. I have to work harder when the magic isn't there. The struggle feeds my passion. I'm excited to get back into the studio tomorrow and start again.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been in the BIGGEST slump. I hate when I don't have the drive or desire to create. I know something's missing in my life, but I can't seem to turn that part of my brain on. How do you explain that!? Waiting for lightning to strike...

pamela said...

well keep struggling cass, you always come out of it shining.

Angela Bentley Fife said...

I am actually glad to hear you are human......thank you. And we definitely do need humbling moments and also great moments to help our confidence grow. It is definitely cyclical. Of course I am not worried, you will be stronger than ever and it also stretches us to do something different.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails