Thursday, September 3, 2009

Holding on to Paradise

I riffling through a stack on my desk and came across a photo of littlest kitten. I thought about her. I thought about how perfectly perfect and lovely she is, and how I want to hold onto this part of her life, where everything is beautiful and exciting and innocent. 
I wanted to paint that innocence on the verge of growing up. She's holding a peach. A peach can be a symbol for immortality, or maybe the forbidden fruit or maybe just something sweet and precious.  I painted her at dusk, my favorite time where one day is about to turn into another. 

I'm getting excited for my show in Cannon Beach. This painting and all but two little paintings are on their way.  I hope to see people I've met there again. That's the best part!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails