Saturday, August 9, 2008

Now and Then


I unplugged the iron, turned off the sewing machine and ran out to the garden to supervise the harvest before the rain started. We picked tomatoes, basil, cucumbers and carrots. We decided to have a feast and use every dish that we could in the preparation. During our meal, we listened to the rain. It reminded us of Vancouver. We asked littlest kitten what her memories were of that other life. She quite accurately described walking to the village to get her favorite foods, sushi, Indian and bubble tea. She remembered taking the bus to Grandville Island to pick up our produce and some treats and hanging out there listening to musicians. We talked about how different our life is now...here. It's been just over a year since we moved back to Utah. Vancouver seems like a dream. The rain is still making me homesick for my friends there and that other life.
Our feast was delicious and now I have a lot of dishes to do then a little quiet time sewing and listening to music. I'm glad to be here but I miss there too.

I will post about the artwork I've been doing soon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

I Am said...

I know what you mean. I love living in Australia but I still miss Utah even after so many years. I regularly dream that I'm back there, but usually I'm panicking because I have to get home to the kids. I love the Utah landscape, the smells, the colours and the way it changes with every season. The Australian landscape is pretty much the same year round....we have beautiful birds here...I missed them when I was in Utah.....you should come see!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, yes! I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of rain and the humidity in the air has so reminded me of Vancouver. What divine memories your kitten has of V - Indian food, sushi and bubble tea! Look forward to reminiscing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails