Thursday, July 24, 2008

I await joyous surprises while working, an awakening of the materials that I work with and that my spirit develops. Odilon Redon

It is truly exciting to start a new painting. I've researched the symbolism of the images that I want to use in this piece. I've found scrap so that I don't have to stop and find references when I get into my crazymadworking mode.

I started laying in some color. Although those colors will be covered and changed, it's nice to have something on there to work from. I almost always start a painting with a plan but that plan is more of an idea than a vision of a finished product. There is an excitement in seeing what will appear. The anticipation of working on a larger scale is also pretty exciting.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails