Monday, May 7, 2007

My New Old Friend

It's interesting that sometimes there are people that you've known forever even when you first meet them. My forever friend Amy works with The Love Hope Strength Foundation (LHSF) which was founded by Leukemia survivors Mike Peters, of the Welsh rock band The Alarm and entertainment insurance executive James Chippendale, as a way to give back by building a support network for cancer patients worldwide. Coincidentally a portion proceeds from the sales of my show in Cannon Beach this weekend went to a cancer foundation. Pretty cool when we can give back a little. I am wearing the ring that Amy gave me off of her finger and every time I look at it it reminds me of something very wise that she said...be where your feet are. Thanks Amy.

I've been reflecting about that phrase... be where your feet are and it's a hard concept for me whereas I think some people need to move beyond their feet, maybe just a little. It seems like the heart, mind and soul are in constant motion and stillness and peace are talents that some people have and some are challenged by minute to minute.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails