Sunday, April 1, 2007

There are moments when I'm trying to make sense of my world and my heart and it spills into my painting where a piece of it gets trapped. I wasn't going to paint this weekend but I had a few quiet moments in the studio so I sneaked in a bit of work. The model for this painting is my friend Karine. She herself is a painter and I'm looking forward to watching what she does with her talent and passion. She's got enough fire inside of her to light up a room and she runs like she's being chased my the devil himself. She's a soul sister, no doubt.
When I took this photo of her I'd been telling her my theory about how the heart is a big muscle and muscles have memories and how the entire body regenerates itself in seven years. So your heart is rebuilt every seven years? Maybe. I think the soul is a different matter, it doesn't regenerate and it's forever. Maybe?
The painting is far from finished but I'm pleased. It's about Chloris. This is what I want to paint.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails