Saturday, March 24, 2007

Emily McPhie

My sister Emily McPhie, her husband Gavin and their three daughters came out to Vancouver to visit us this week. Emily is a fabulous artist. Check out emilymcphie.com to see her new work. People say that Emily's paintings bridge the gap between me and my dad. All three of us (Emily, my dad, James Christensen, and I) use the same visual language to understand and sort our world, our thoughts and our feelings. Our work differs in style and technique and in that we are all in different stages in our lives, learning, feeling, seeing, and understanding different things. We all three rate high on the passion scale but my dad says I'm the only one with rage??? I'm trying to figure out if that's a compliment or not. It is interesting and strange that even though we all three live in different places, we have the sort of collective unconsciousness with which we often find ourselves using the same symbols or painting about the same subject matter.
I have loved spending time with my sister, talk'n art smack and having some good laughs...and having an excuse to run around Vancouver for a few days
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails