Thursday, July 25, 2013

Angel Whispers

I know that I am not always going to have the opportunity to be the protector of my children. When I have felt that unsettled feeling of lurking danger, I have prayed that angels would protect them, and that my children would be listening if warnings were given.
I have had some interesting personal experiences that cannot easily be explained, and I have felt comfort replace fear through prayer.
I recently read a conference talk from April 2012 by Elder Scott where he quoted Joseph F. Smith saying,  “I believe we move and have our being in the presence of heavenly messengers and of heavenly beings." 
I recently met Elder Scott and I'm pretty sure he has more than a few heavenly beings around him.

 I'm not finished painting about angels. I have sketches of different ideas about how to portray angelic interaction, comfort and guidance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the conference talk you referenced in this post. Two years ago, my little brother passed away in a freak accident. Obviously, it was hard for our family, but I had so much comfort knowing that not only was my brother okay, but that he was with other members of my family who have passed on. I knew that they were praying for us, that they are rooting for us, and that their love for us transcends mortal limitations.

Oh, and as always, I love your art. :)
-catania

Cassandra Barney said...

Thank you @thatgoodpart We lost someone last year too and I get what you are saying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails