Friday, January 6, 2012

Ooooh heaven is a place called my studio.

Clean studio, ideas roughly sketched, scrap assembled and panels gessoed...this is practically the best day of my life.

I'm beginning a series of paintings for my show in Cannon Beach at Heritage Gallery this spring. I spent last semester teaching a class at BYU, heading up primary/church extravaganzas among other things. Now it's time to really get my head back into painting. I'm so ready.

I'm finishing up a flannel board story for the second round of jurying for the international LDS church show. The more I work on it and listen to suggestions from family, the better it gets. I've learned watching Teen Kitten about spray paint and stencils. I really like the ethereal layer behind the structured pieces.

I'm still working on the figures. I don't want them to be associated with any particular ethnicity. I've made some of them green. That might work.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

pamela said...

i can see why this is a good day! the work looks lovely.

Unknown said...

I am so in love with your work. Your zeal for your art is InSpiring!!!

Wishing you a wonderful fulfilling new year ♦♦♦

Thank You for sharing your world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails