Tuesday, February 16, 2010

They Danced And Dreamed

Thank you to Dan Barney who spent his holiday taking care of everything and everyone so that I could finish this painting. I'll admit that I struggled a bit with this one. But yesterday I painted well and now I'm happy with it.
This painting will be the backdrop for a dance performance on Feb. 25 &26 at BYU.
As an added bonus, the tenacious Susan Lloyd arranged a couple of extra performances that are free (see invitation above) and she arranged to have the painting, along with some drawings displayed at BYU in the HFAC, B.F. Larsen Gallery, Thursday and Friday. My sister Emily is also coming to town and hanging paintings as well. I'm so excited to see it all come together. I'll be there both afternoons so come see it and say hi!
Now I'm finishing up a little painting for Kayo Gallery. The show, Round 6 runs February 19. All artwork in the show will be 12x12" and priced between $50-$300. Good deals!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

I had forgotten about your bird. Looks like the two of you get along pretty well!

Anonymous said...

The painting is beautiful!!!! Thank you for painting it!
~Emily (one of the dancers)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails