Monday, February 8, 2010

The Homestead Crater

A warm water hot spring inside a 55 foot high calcite dome less than an hour from my house? What else is there around here that I don't know about?

I needed a little adventure so my friend Nina suggested we take a dip in the crater. The water is azure blue, 65 feet deep and about 90 degrees. We were there with a few scuba divers, some of whom had traveled from a few states away just to dive in the crater.

We think it had magical healing powers as well. Everyone had softer hair and smoother skin after a dip.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

pamela said...

i don't understand... is this in utah?

Cassandra Barney said...

Yes it's in Midway. I'll add a link. It's like $10 for the kids to swim and a little more for adult. It was seriously so cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails