Friday, January 1, 2010

Composition

The composition is the organized sum of the interior functions of every part of the work. -Wassily Kandinsky

On the very first day of this year, I woke with a sense of well-being. As I swam to the surface, through my thoughts, I saw myself as part of a composition. I thought about painting and the elements I respond to in a painting. The paintings that I most love do have a sense of intentional organization. In the composition there are also some parts that disrupt that organization. Without tension, a painting is boring but too much tension and it's uncomfortable. Sometimes the elements in a painting aren't what the viewer might have expected, but they work and it's glorious. Oh that makes my heart happy when I think of the individuals in my family and how together we make up a beautiful composition. There is a sense of organisation and there are unexpected elements. All together it makes up a magnificent artwork.
No matter what the illusion created, it is a flat canvas and it has to be organized into shape. -David Hockney

To create that composition, effort is required. It is a conscious decision to love and care for others. I think we are all the same in that way, no matter what it looks like from the outside. I am glad to be in this one, it makes a beautiful artwork.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails