Sunday, January 10, 2010

WARNING

This is very important. NEVER say anything OUT LOUD that has anything to do with living any sort of dream because the consequences will be extreme.

I've been flourishing in the studio, feeling so good, working so hard. Ideas that I've saved up are flowing colorfully onto the panels like a dream. I couldn't be happier and then...I said it out loud. If you say it out loud the forces that disrupt things of this nature hear you even if you say it very quietly. Without warning things just started breaking all around me. I'm serious. It was like I was in a movie. I mean, nobody went to the hospital and everything that fell apart was more of an annoyance than anything else.
Oh I'm still painting, I'm just not talking about how happy and dreamy it all is. I'll post what I'm working on as soon as my computer gets back out of the shop with all of the buttons on the keyboard.

4 comments:

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Sending positive thoughts your way!! I hope you'll be back soon:)
Tracy

cathyg said...

Congratulations on finding bliss! I know it gets broken up, but the fact that you found it and recognized it is a great feeling. I love the feeling of total peace that sometimes comes even among the chaos...I've heard that the calmest place in a tornado is inside the eye of the storm! So let it all swirl around you and enjoy it!

Ms.Nožisková said...

ha. i couldn't agree more. based on my own similar past experiences, i've learned that the more i want something/am enjoying it/etc. the *quieter* i must become; must protectively hold my happy thoughts and hopes against me under a muted blanket of silence lest they garner the notice of those inflammatory forces that drive murphy's law. so 'shhhh'... and it will pass....

Laura A said...

Yeah, well, don't THINK it, either!

I had a beautiful, quiet afternoon today with my boys, thinking that I was so happy, nothing could spoil it. Even if it were bad.

Me-0
Ironic universal torment- 10

I'm in a mood, and I'm sure if I were in a cartoon, there'd be a black raincloud hanging over my head.

I hope your day/days got better. Here's well wishes from Seattle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails