Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Have you ever thought, if I had married someone else, where would my kids be? This assumes that you believe we existed pre-earth, which I do. Or have you wondered where you would be if your mom and dad hadn't hooked up. For heaven sakes, Dan Barney and I want the kids we have and I wouldn't trade my mom and dad for anything. This is a little weird though...

I don't spend very much time these days on my computer. When I do, I'm mostly dealing with pressing business matters. There are, however, a very few blogs that I keep tabs on. One of those blogs belongs to Angela Henrie of Arizona. She had me hooked when I read a post about one morning when she had gotten her littlest daughter up really early, before the rest of the family,  to bake a cake with her because all that week her baby had wanted to bake a cake and there just hadn't been time. I think of that story once in a while. It reminds me to pay attention and make opportunities to spend time with my little ones. Angela takes April Fool's Day very seriously, has a whole load of kids, loves pink, does crazy good things to her house and has a serious jewelry business. I don't get how she does it all but in many ways, I relate to her. I get it, she's passionate about her life, her family and art. 
Now another story... 
Growing up, listening to my mom's and dad's growing up in the fifties stories, I remember a couple of names. My mom really was going to marry this guy named Soren, who is a dentist somewhere, and my dad was going to marry a girl named Pam who was a lot like him. Through a series of events, my mom and dad discovered that though they are very different, they complimented each other quite well and now, forty-three years later they are still happily married. 

But here's the mysteriously odd part...Pam is Angela's mom

What? Is that not a strange coincidence that I would read the blog of someone I've never met, relate to her and find out that her mom dated my dad? I think it's so delightfully odd. 



6 comments:

pamela said...

well now that is all very strange.

Amy said...

that is an amazing coincidence. i'm really glad your mom and dad are married to each other too. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! that´s really a strange coincidence! I love the mysterious ways life show us and lead us. I always try to remember to listen to my whispers ;)

Anonymous said...

wow, that's freaky amazing!

batty said...

Wow. That is awesome! That's why I try to teach my kids to always be nice, because you never know when you'll see someone again, and maybe even end up related. We realized once Steve and I were engaged that his mom and my dad had dated at BYU and his mom and my mom went to PHS together. Weird.

Anonymous said...

So odd! But I think we were somehow destined to meet. You are so funny. I'm sure my mom will blush if she reads this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails