Saturday, June 13, 2009

I read that the Quinceanera celebration traditionally begins with a religious ceremony. A Reception is held in the home or a banquet hall. The festivities include food and music, and in most, a choreographed waltz or dance preformed by the Quinceanera and her Court.

It is traditional for the Quinceanera to choose special friends to participate in what is called the Court of Honor.

There were so many symbolic traditions including the dolls, the dress, and the cake. Before the party, the girls spent the day flying around town in a limo. They got their hair, make-up and nails done. These sorts of things suit teen-kitten very well. My dad fed her too much caviar as a little girl and I think it gave her good luck in all things glamorous.


At fifteen, I don't remember feeling much like a woman. Actually, I was more like thirty before felt like I'd made that passage into womanhood. As I watched my kitten swirling about the dance floor, she looked and moved like a woman. It was so beautiful. Being a mother and watching my kittens grow up is so amazing, I don't have words for it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura Mayer said...

Is this the same little one that use to sleep sideways on the futon and started calling me lala...unbelievable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails