Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ojo de Dios

The Ojo de Dios (God's eye) is a ritual tool, magical object and so very fun to make. In my ReadyMade Magazine I saw this craft that I made in 6th grade. I loved that craft. I remember picking the colors and winding all that yarn around dowels. Sigh...so fun!
It was perfect choice for Spring Break. We made a lot of them. We tried Popsicle sticks, stir sticks, and then chop sticks. The best sticks were the ones we happened upon at Pizza Factory. After the bread was gone, some of those sticks accidentally fell into my bag under the table. I couldn't do it though, commit petty theft. So I asked the nice girl at the counter if I left a tip under the pizza tray and took a few sticks, would that be okay? She obliged.

The God's Eye is symbolic of the power of seeing and understanding that which is unknown and unknowable, The Mystery. The four points represent the elemental processes earth fire air and water. Every home should have one...or two.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

9a said...

"Every home should have one...or two"...or 50! That was so much fun. Thanks for making the week a blast.

Mari said...

Oh my gosh, I was a god's eye factory at summer camp. These modern huge ones are gorgeous, though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails