Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kitten: Hey Mom?
Mom: Ya
K: Remember when we took that trip to Harrison Hot Springs and it was just us and we followed a map?
M:Ya
K: That ways fun, huh?
M: Ya... it was
K: Why don't we go somewhere right now?
M: Okay




We got in the car Sunday evening and drove south, taking our time. My sister Emily had just visited Mesa Verde which is one of my favorite sort of things to explore and sounded about perfect. I left every bit of work behind, even knitting. The kittens were hoping for a bit more of a spa like vacation so we made our own in the hotel room. It was so fun. We used every towel before morning and were soft all over, except for one face mask which burned a little.

I really want to be a ranger sometimes, especially in the this part of the world. I love the desert. I feel peace in the desert. I love red dirt and blue sky. I want my ashes scattered in the desert.
This landscape was odd. The trees were all black and burned and the sky was crazy blue with low clouds. It was a strange,unfamiliar scene. I wanted to stop and film a music video there but I just wasn't prepared for that sort of thing.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chandra said...

Did you read the Host? (Steph Meyer) Cuz you should...

Paula In Pinetop said...

Mesa Verde. Beautiful. I lived very near there for several years. I miss it sometimes.

Sometimes taking a little break is just the thing !!!!

Anonymous said...

How flipping cool! Looks like you guys had a blast. Your necklace totally looks like one of my blue bijou ones. Good taste!

Laura A said...

How lovely! That would be tremendous fun. What a great mom you are! I wonder what my kiddos and I could explore in my corner of the country?

You're so cryptic with the knitting. I see a flash of needles in the background of a photo, a brief mention there in a post... I'd love to see what you're working on. :-).

I'm still trying to figure out how to dye. It isn't going so well. I'm used to being better at things that I try faster. It's a bit of a hit to my creative ego. I'm not pouting so much as stubbornly continuing on. I bought 37 more pounds of raw fleece today and I've been playing with it. My hands are all lanolin-ly soft.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails