Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is a true story. I saw the movie, Hancock this evening. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just an adventure movie, it was more like a myth. I picked out levels of symbolism and really liked it. I returned home, thoughtful but also pumped up by all of that action. I donned my headlamp with zeal and set out to save the world/my garden from criminals/earwigs. I ended up with the biggest haul yet. I didn't smash them this time, instead I put them into a plastic cup. They were crawling all over each other and a hissing sound came up from that cup. I was so excited that I wanted to show my mom and dad. That's maybe weird but the hissing sound was impressive. So I was about to set off down the street when I saw just one more earwig. She was chopping on a leaf. I delicately stepped over a potato plant and...fell dropping my pile of ugly earwigs back into the dirt. Can you believe that? I think I scooped most of them back up but...I didn't want to show my mom and dad anymore.
In the studio I worked again on this painting. It's so close. I just need to add some gold leaf and more glazes.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Cass-

I love this new painting. It's got such a happy, watched over, content feel to it. Beautiful colors as well.

Sorry about the earwigs.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful! Very springtime - the border really brings a lot to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails