Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Segullah


Segullah invited my sister Emily and me to be their featured artists in this spring's issue. I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. Online you can find Segullah here.
I thought this Segullah blog entry about art and religion and the comments were interesting. I often marvel...marvel I tell you... at how much harder it has been to be satisfied with what I paint when I'm aiming to create beyond my abilities. Painting beyond my abilities isn't what that blog entry was about...it's just what started me thinking about my place in life, eternity and the making of art.

I feel I keep getting close to what I am capable of, then it slips a little further ahead of me, into the fog, leaving me grasping and searching. I hope I find that I'm working toward is the best thing for me, my family and the universe. Sometimes I get carried away in passionate torrents but I regroup eventually. I feel alright about that. Whew.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to keep working on your potential. I thought you were already there years ago. I LOVED the pictures of you and Nina in ST. George. My favorite one was you skateboarding off the slide. I didn't know you had that in you. Hey, I'm taking a photoshop class from Mike Loveland. He said he grew up by you. Small world.

Nigel said...

Congrats. My wifey (Lois)has a bunch of blog friends that write for Segullah, so we end up reading stuff there pretty often. Anyway, here's a piece she wrote about Segullah...

http://loiscommondenominator.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-say-seagull-you-say-segullah.html

Cassandra Barney said...

Lisa- I can't post the video by Jonnyboy. Dan even tried to reformat it so when I get back...let's work on it. I love it.
Thanks...call Mike "Bill" because that'swhat we've called hime forever....long story.
C
Nigel- I'm going to read it right now.
C

Lois said...

Loved your artwork for Segullah. I must admit that my favorite Christmas tree ornament is the one you painted on the glass ball with the feather in it. Now if I can just figure out how to staple some bacon to it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails