Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Re-Genesis


The image above is titled Re-Genesis. The Greenwich Workshop is creating a small print of it and I'm so glad. It's one of my favorite paintings.


Weight by Jeanette Winterson

This weekend on my airplane trips I finally indulged and read Weight, a book I've been saving like a treat. I have loved everything I've read by Winterson. Here is a paragraph from the book:

Autobiography is not important. Authenticity is important. The writer must fire herself through the text, be the molten stuff that welds together disparate elements. I believe that there is always exposure, vulnerability, in the writing process which is not to say it is either confessional or memoir. Simply, it is real.

Thank you PAX for the book.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I love deer, I don't know what it is about them; I dreamt of them once, they were falling to me from the sky; I know weird; but then I painted one with one of my nuns I paint. I saw Annie Lennox last night on American Idol Gives Back, she reminded me of you; it was a pretty touching piece she did. Thanks for making me smile and feel good when I see your art!! :)

Teresa
http://www.teresaksheeley.typepad.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails