Saturday, July 21, 2007

For your safety-please hold on



I think photography is interesting. When I'm painting, I control the elements of the composition a little more intentionally than when I take a photo. My photos sometimes have, as Bob Ross has said, "happy accidents."
When I'm looking at my photos objectively, I see things differently.
In the first photo the clarity and focus of one figure against the other is interesting to me. One image seems centered and the other, wistful. It's also fascinating to me when text shows up. The second photo is our last dinner with those friends for now and there is that exit sign in the right above Dan's head and I am being held onto. None of it is intentional but it could be interpreted as meaningful. In the last photo the text reads, "For your safety-please hold on." That's a mother moment for sure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails