Friday, April 13, 2007


I thought that article about me, my sister Em and my dad was written well. I'm glad that I get to be a mom and have a career and have the opportunity to voice the importance of both. There is one thing I would have added though. I have sister named Sari. She doesn't paint paintings for galleries but does have a successful career in the arts. Ms. Sarianne Christensen is an art teacher at Pleasant Grove High school where she teaches A.P. Art History and Ceramics. She had done very well there and is adored. I think the the occupation of teacher is one of the top three jobs that I respect. Sari makes a difference in the lives of lots of people everyday. Those kids are lucky to have their lives enriched by her and art. At the end of her life, every one of those days she spent with those kids will have counted. You get what you give...right? Sari gives a lot.
Sari is a lot of fun as a sister too. She makes me laugh until I can't stand it. The picture above left is when my dad and Sari I went to see one of our favorite movies, Too Fast Too Furious, Tokyo Drift. It was so good!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

PJC said...

It's true we all love Sari. It is wonderful that she gets to share her love for art with so many young and impressionable minds.

I would dare say that our family is as much a teaching family as an art family (most of the time we seem to be teaching art) and I take great pride in that. Teachers are a noble group.

Zoe said...

Hi, I just googled you and your sister to find out if you had blogs!! I was so excited to find yours! I just got my BYU magazine yest. and fell in love with both or your styles! When I started reading the article, I realized that I admired you both even more . . . especially if you have named your daughters Sunshine, Fiona, Tallulah, Cordelia Lavender, Clover Iona, and Ezra Petunia!! I have three boys and so I can only dream of having children with these names! For now, I will stick with my sewing machine which is named "Petunia Penelope Tallulah"! Anyway, I am so inspired by both of you and so happy to see that there are women who are so talented and raising a family at the same time. I dream of the day that I will be able to completely pursue my old love of working with oil paints! Until then, I will live vicariously through you guys!!! Congratulations on the article!

so said...

Sari rules because she inspired me to swim from Alcatraz to San Francisco.
Sari you rule---let’s go swimming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails