Monday, March 12, 2007

I Heart Tyvek





I was super lucky to be able to work with Dan on a project this weekend. He is giving three presentations this week in NYC for the NAEA. I get to go with him and be a proud wife which I'm looking forward to. One of his lectures is about dress and I'll take notes and blog that later but he had this idea about making a dress out of Tyvek because it's paper and I could make it into an artwork. It was sooooo fun. I ended up treating it like a visual journal. I was thinking that what I choose to wear is a reflection of what I'm feeling on the inside...most days. I wasn't feeling one thing, I wsa feeling a lot of things... so painted like that. I added a bit from the influences around me as well....like a couple of poems and a section from a painting I was working on. The best part is that now I get to wear it and I love it. Thanks Dan Barney!!! You're the best!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dr Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr Dan said...

It was my pleasure! There is nothing better than making something significant FOR someone significant. It was fun working on a project together. It is also fun to imagine art that doesn't require a wall... but is portable and "lives" a life with an artistic participant in a symbiotic relationship. You and your art are hot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails